Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Journal is Packed

A few randoms

I can't stop listening to this song. This is a pretty sweet version of it... check it.


I leave for India tomorrow morning. I have to keep reminding myself that, otherwise I forget and begin to wonder why all of my stuff is in bags. I should be more excited. I think I'm mostly dreading 9 hours depravation of any sort of leg room. I also worry because the battery on my iPod only lasts 4 hours on a good day. Alison assures me it will be alright because there are lots of movie watching opportunities. Aron says I should be excited for the cute Japanese stewards. Still none of this makes up for the fact that airplanes are not made for tall people.

Today was a weird day. We had graduation, which was alright, except for the little hat we wore. I kept getting tassels in my mouth. Then everyones family took their son or daughter out for dinner. I was feeling very much like an orphan so the Krabbes adopted me and took me out for Swiss Chalet. 

I have to apologize, I suck at these last day kind of things. Everyones always crying and hugging and wanting a picture with you and these things tend to bring out the awkward in me. I suck at goodbyes and I'm clueless when it comes to writing into your yearbook. I keep thinking this is all temporary and that we will all wake up on Tuesday and show up to class. This is not the case at all. What we had - community, closeness, and relationship - was all temporary. Separation is eternal, or so it seems, temporarily. Needless to say, I didn't get to say goodbye to a lot of you because I denied the fact that you are leaving, and I'm sorry.

I should probably attempt some sleep. We do leave in 6 hours. 

Are Silversun Pickups any good? I'm downloading them right now. 

Good night Canada.

1 comment:

FullyCompletely said...

Yes, Silversun Pickups are beautiful.